The Financial Intelligence Unit of Trinidad and Tobago (FIUTT) has implemented a secure electronic reporting solution called caseKonnect®. This solution is designed to allow only caseKonnect® registered Reporting Entities to prepare and electronically submit Suspicious Transaction Reports/Suspicious Activity Reports (STRs/SARs) and other Reports as they become available, to the FIUTT in a secure and efficient manner.
Through caseKonnect®, it is anticipated that the hand delivery of paper based reports by Reporting Entities to the FIUTT will be reduced with the adoption of this new filing method. Reporting Entities seeking to submit reports using the secure reporting solution must be registered in caseKonnect®.
Please click here for the caseKonnect® user manual.
Before an applicant can use caseKonnect®, the applicant must first apply online to be registered in the caseKonnect® system as either a Compliance Officer or an Alternate Compliance Officer with the FIUTT.
The steps to apply online are as follows:
- Go to caseKonnect’s Home page using https://casekonnect.fiu.gov.tt/ or click here;
- Click the “Click here to apply” button at the end of the page;
- Click on the link;
- Fill out the information on the “New Applicant Registration Form” window. Ensure that all required documents are uploaded, including a copy of the completed signed downloaded form;
- Click the “Submit” button once the “New Applicant Registration Form” is completed and all necessary documents are attached;
- Upon submission of the “New Applicant Registration Form”, the application undergoes an approval process by the FIUTT. On completion of this process, the applicant will be informed via email of their status.